Every employee at your organization wants to feel valued, and that appreciation begins with putting them in a position to evolve–the right performance appraisal management software can help your organization achieve just that. The UPRAiZAL team developed a Performance Improvement Plan (PIP) to give every employee struggling to meet expectations the opportunity to grow within your company. In order to grow, your employee needs to be put in the best possible position to patch up any weak spots, expand their skill set, reach their OKRs, and advance their career with managers who have their best interests in mind.
UPRAiZAL: Performance Improvement Plan (PIP) Boosts Employee Performance
Our team offers the perfect performance management plan for the business world. The software provides your organization with end-to-end tracking of employee OKRs with the goal of delivering an accurate performance evaluation of their efforts. We help you to identify the underperformers and non-performers in a team, helping them become high performing workers.
The platform is programmed to send struggling employees with poor performance records a PIP program that is tailor made to their areas of improvement. Over time, such a program effectively contributes to the employee improving their OKRs and performance within your organization.
Benefits of the UPRAiZAL’s Performance Improvement Plan
- Easy Identification of Non-Performers: Our application is programmed to track an employee’s performance to a granular level. By measuring their efforts at a highly nuanced level, organizations can better identify who the underperformers and non-performers are. Legacy performance tracking systems fail to measure employee evaluations, adversely affecting team performance and productivity.
- Risk Prediction and Mitigation: Individual performance tracking helps the manager predict potential risks of non-performers and underperformers, and how these risks can impede the progress of a project. The manager can then use this data to take the necessary measures to mitigate potential risks.
- Self-Assessment Feature: The software’s PIP process sends underperformers to performance enhancement programs that are designed specifically for each employee who falls under this category. This performance evaluation feature helps employees find their weaker areas, and informs them of the efforts they need to make to address these areas, and get their work back on track.
Challenges PIP Is Designed to Address
Businesses frequently suffer from having employees whose performances fall short of expectations, some of which even leave the company. Our team created the PIP functionality specifically to avoid these pitfalls from occurring to you.
The Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) conducted research on how organizations can improve the performances of their workers. Here are some findings:
- Companies and their managers must set standards and benchmarks (OKRs) for what constitutes an acceptable performance level.
- They also need to provide details on ways an employee’s current performance is lacking, including dates of underperformance, statistical data, and clear analysis. Any follow-up feedback or explanation needs to be clear.
- Organizations should follow the SMART model, standing for Specific and Measurable objectives that are Achievable, Relevant and Time-bound.
- Technologies, resources, training, direction, and coaching for employees to boost their performances.
- Clear information of what the consequences will be if an employee does not reach their OKR goals.
The software’s Performance Improvement Plan functionality recognizes that many organizations — including yours potentially — fail to reach these standards. Common shortcomings that businesses make when measuring employee performances include:
- Poor Record Keeping: Failing to store and monitor records of performance issues in an adequate manner limits a manager’s ability to provide adequate and accurate employee evaluation reports.
- No PIP Alerts: When an employee is falling behind with their performance, there need to be alerts to inform them of these shortcomings, along with information on ways to improve their performance with a Performance Improvement Plan.
- Ambiguity: PIP programs are often ambiguous and generalized to teams rather than individual employees.
- No Stats: Performance needs to be measured numerically with ROI calculation and other statistics that can tangibly assess an employee’s contribution to your business.
- Subjectivity: No one wants a manager who plays favorites or fabricates feedback–an issue that is more common in organizations where it’s easy to manipulate performance evaluation data and feedback, reducing objectivity.
- Continuous Feedback: Periodical performance appraisals are not as effective in improving employee performance as continuous appraisals.
UPRAiZAL’s PIP program seeks to tackle these challenges by offering more frequent, contextual, and transparent appraisals. Research from Gartner unearths the value of offering ongoing and personalized performance improvement plans:
- “Making performance reviews forward-looking can increase employee performance by 13%”, Gartner notes.
- Being specific is helpful.
- Both positive and developmental feedback is valuable.
Our platform opens the door for a more personalized and relevant continuous feedback loop with the ultimate goal of bolstering employee engagement and productivity rates.
PIP Features to Increase Value of Employee Efforts
Our team has a clear idea of what constitutes good feedback, and what a successful performance should look like over a specific timeline. The Performance Improvement Plan feature is a constant throughout the platform, designed to connect an employee with their manager to understand what measurable areas an employee is lacking in.
A Glassdoor blog considers the following questions as vital to creating a strong PIP:
- What efforts can an employee put in every week to improve an area of their performance that needs help?
- What classes or training can employees enroll in to upgrade their skill level?
- What does success look like for them in a tangible way?
- What deadlines and timelines does an employee need to adhere to?
- How is an employee and their manager held accountable?
Key NLP Features
The software uses a point-in-time appraisal functionality, which is designed to identify who is performing at the expected level, and who is not. The platform then uses the PIP feature to boost employee performance with features such as tasks.
There are many types of tasks that our application issues to employees who are underperforming, including KRA tasks. This type of task is created automatically based on employee performance data received by the software. The platform uses artificial intelligence (AI) technology for task management purposes in order to determine the right task for an employee with a lacking performance.
Measuring an employee’s performance in a numerical way is important, which is why we designed a Gamification functionality. Every action a user takes from completing a task to logging into the application earns them points. Research from Gartner finds that peer feedback can boost employee performance by up to 14%. With this in mind, the software also allows employees to like or comment on a colleague’s post to win points, fostering constructive conversations among co-workers.
Over time, an action plan with these points serves as a measure of an employee’s engagement and productivity levels within a company, which often lead to stronger performances. Employees are rewarded with Badges for reaching certain milestones or achievements related to their OKRs as well. UPRAiZAL created this feature to encourage increased employee performance.
Our team recognizes that workplace cultures that have systems in place to bolster employee performances have better results than those that do not.
Consider the following Zappos research reported by Forbes, which examines the average increase for 12 firms with performance-enhancing cultures over 11 years when compared to 20 companies that did not have such a culture:
- Revenue Growth: 682% vs. 166%
- Employment Growth: 282% vs. 36%
- Stock Price Growth: 901% vs. 74%
- Net Income Growth: 756% vs 1%
Improving company culture to one of enhancing performances is among the application’s primary goals. To achieve this goal, we developed a Pulse Poll feature, identifying the pulse of the employees, and breeding positive culture. Such a functionality helps managers and HR get granular details on multiple employee KPIs connected to recognition and professional development. Pulse Polls are useful for managers and HR to make corrective measures wherever and whenever necessary, optimizing the performance appraisal management process.
Another such feature is the Leaderboard, ranking employee performances. The functionality provides the following benefits to organizations:
- Transparency: The feature creates a more objective and transparent rewards system by directly linking such rewards to OKRs and feedback employees receive from managers, HR, or top management.
- Healthy Competition: Transparency breeds competition, which increases productivity
- Strong Community: The Leaderboard creates a sense of community across departments, improving peer-to-peer relationships.
- Talent Retention: The feature increases talent retention and lowers turnover and absenteeism rates. After all, Glassdoor calculates that hiring a new employee costs businesses an average of 24 days and $4,000.
Our software is available as a mobile app as well to encourage employees to improve their performances on the go.
UPRAiZAL: The Performance Improvement Plan (PIP) Tool for You
UPRAiZAL was developed by utilizing research from top analytics firms, providing organizations with a decentralized performance appraisal management approach. The platform nurtures employee improvement, growth, and engagement to create a Performance Improvement Plan (PIP) personalized to suit the employee’s needs. Pulse Polls, the Leaderboard, and the company’s Gamification functionalities all play a role in bolstering employee performances. Over time, better-performing employees are more productive, bolstering your revenue and profit.